God begins the process of return to the demolition of our pedestal. This happened to Paul. He was on his way to Damascus, confident, when a blinding light came from heaven. Paul was knocked to the ground, shaking. Then a voice spoke from heaven saying, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" (Acts 9:4).
Paul knew that something was missing from his life. Paul had a knowledge of God, but had no direct revelation from Him on his knees now, he heard these words from heaven: "I am Jesus whom you are persecuting" (9:5). These words of Paul's world turned upside down. The Scriptures say, "He [Paul] trembling and astonished said," Lord, what do I do? "(9:6). Paul's conversion was an incredible work of the Spirit Ghost.
Paul was being led by the Holy Spirit into a life surrendered to God. Paul asked, "Lord, what do I do?", And his heart cried, "Jesus, how I can help you with? How I can meet you and please you? Nothing matters to me more. Everything I've done in my flesh is trash. Now you're everything to me. "
Paul had no other ambition, no other dominant force in his life but this:" To gain Christ "(Philippians 3:8). According to the standards of today's success, Paul was a failure total. He did not build any buildings. He had no business. And the methods he used were rejected by other leaders. In fact, the message that Paul preached, offended a large number of people who heard it. Sometimes even stoned to preach. What was the theme of his preaching? The cross.
When we stand before God at the trial, will not be judged by our ministries, achievements or the number of converts. There will be one measure of success in that day: Were our hearts completely surrendered to God? "We put aside our own will and plans, and accept those of God? "We succumb to peer pressure to join the crowd or seek only to him to give us direction? "We ran from seminar to seminar looking for purpose for our lives and find our fulfillment in it?
I have only one ambition and that is learning more and more to say only those things that the Father gives me. Nothing I say or do something better myself. I want to proclaim, "I know that my Father is in me because I will."
0 comments:
Post a Comment