Faith is a mandate. It is written: "The just shall live by faith." Without faith it is impossible to please God and Scripture says, "but if one turns back, not to my liking" (Hebrews 10:38).
I shudder when I think of the terror and the dangers of unbelief. Unbelief is a well of fear, anguish and despair that has no bottom. The consequences of infidelity are horrendous. It begins with fear of what we can not see. The fear that overwhelms us today we take another two tomorrow, then three, fears then become a bottomless pit of uncontrollable anguish and despair.
Increasingly, I see the fear and disbelief end up as hopeless, this leads to confusion and empty desert. It is not an option, not a small problem with God. It is a matter of life or death. This will be feared by all, present or future. Fear is torment.
All God's children endure sufferings and problems of various kinds. It is heartbreaking to hear the painful things that just are suffering now. My family also is being sorely tested.
Some people facing terrible and overwhelming physical and spiritual sufferings are discouraged. If you are going through the refining fire, I have one word for you.
FAITH IS ALSO A INVITATION TO BE INVOLVED IN THE GREAT GOODNESS OF THE LORD.
I refer to one of the most encouraging promises in all the Word of God. Let this promise to penetrate deep into your soul
"How great is your goodness, you have saved for them that fear thee, that thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!
in the secret of Your presence hide them from the pride of man you will be at a pavilion from contentious tongues. "(Psalm 31:19-20).
Here is a great encouragement to stand firm in their faith. Here is a bold and glorious promise. God says: "Your trust me before men and I'm going to open my store of great goodness to pour over you. I will hide in the secret of my presence, I will not allow adversity to crush you. "
Some may say:" We must trust God to get his goodness. "Not so! Is written," Cast not away therefore your confidence, which has a great reward. "(Hebrews 10:35). Also it is written:" Anyone who comes to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek it. "(Hebrews 11:6) . We must believe that He rewards. The rewards of faith are spiritual virtues such as strength, peace and calm in the storm.
Oh dear, God rejoices in our faith. He is careful to give us hope and open our eyes to his loving care. We must make a decision. It is in our power to choose to trust God in the current and future testing. Depending on our choice we face in the desert of despair or the smile of God and the heavens opened.
God help us all to cling to the faith. Do not give up! We are too close to the finish of the race.
"You are my refuge, keep me from the anguish, with songs of deliverance surround me. I will instruct you and teach the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee my eyes "(Psalm 32:7-8).
0 comments:
Post a Comment