Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pink Cervical Mucus Pregnancy

OVERWHELMED

I speak now to those believers who are overwhelmed by a host of afflictions. The Psalmist David tells of his being haunted by unbearable problems:
"My heart is very hurt inside me, all the terrors of death have fallen upon me. Fear and trembling are come upon me, and horror has overwhelmed me "(Psalm 55:4-5).

If you look in Scripture, you find no man of God who speaks so much about trusting God David did. No one spoke more about search and wait for the Lord as a fortress in times of need. It was David who said "I will not fear ... though I walk through the valley of death" because the Lord was with him .

But David fell on a series of deep and painful tribulations that shook his faith. In one of his most difficult moments when it was hopeless, he shouted, "All men are liars!" He was speaking from a heart overwhelmed with grief and sadness. All words of consolation and hope had not been met, it seemed like a lie.

David was under a total attack on their faith. I was not accusing God of lying, but they were voices against it from all sides. David was hopeless. He sought a way out "who I had wings like a dove I would fly away from all this despair and find a resting place." (Psalm 55:6)

When I speak of being overwhelmed, I know what I mean. My daughter had just been operated on for cancer. My grandson 29 years old, Brandon, is receiving chemotherapy for cancer category 4. David was right: "Fear and trembling fall upon us."

What does the son of God in times of unbearable stress? We do what David did.

"As for me, I will call upon God, and the Lord saved me. In the evening, at dawn and at noon I will pray and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. Shall redeem my soul in peace the war Me, though many are against me "(Psalm 55:16-18).

Ore, leave everything aside and even into the presence of the Lord. Even if you do it in silence, shout their pain and ask that peace will come to you. We must do more than trust, we must remain in the Word of God and cry out to the promises given to us.

My family and I are walking in faith and trusting God's faithfulness to his word. God is good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment