Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fire Rockets Remote Control Helicopter

INFALLIBLE

God has given us an infallible promise for life on this earth. He says that when our enemy tries to crush us, "My people know my name on that day, because I myself I speak, I'll be here this" (Isaiah 52:6). In other words, God says, "When you're in your darkest test, I'll come and speak a word. Hear me say, 'I, Jesus, your Savior. Do not be afraid '. "

In Matthew 14, the disciples were inside a boat during a storm, being whipped by the wind and waves. Suddenly, the men saw Jesus walking toward them on the water. The Scriptures say, "And the disciples saw him walking on the sea, were troubled, saying: A ghost! And they cried with fear "(Matthew 14:26). What did Jesus at that time for fear unfounded? "But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, Be of good cheer, I'm not afraid! (14:27, italics mine).

I have wondered why Jesus used these words in particular, "Take courage." Why what would you say these words to people who thought they were going to die?

The word translated "spirit" means "to be relieved, happy, freedom from fear." And here in the first trial of the disciples, Jesus tied the word to their identity. Remember, these men knew him personally. And he expected them to act in faith according to his word. He was saying, "The Father has promised that I will come to you during the storm. It is written, 'Therefore my people shall know my name on that day, for myself I speak, I'll be here this' (Isaiah 52:6). Now I come to you in your storm. I, Jesus, here with you in the middle of everything. So, take courage, be glad. "Likewise, our Savior expects to have the same reaction of faith in our times of difficulty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment