Groundhog Day Trash Mountain Broke
First day we got up and just after breakfast and one minute later than as set out we are waiting for the team CIMIC (Civil-Military-Cooperation) along with a Civil Guard patrol. Yes, I too was surprised because although here everyone gets along very well and are very good friends, the rules are respected to the letter. The Meritorious does alcohol tests, fines you if you go faster because (inside and outside the base) and access control on all check-points. " Let him touch the balls do just as well here than there. Because they know that this is joke because we shared a lot and thank you very much for your protection as we can not have taken his eyes off for a second. And this is exactly what we have seen the very chungas to put the bottles of Johnnie Black at the base. Oooooops! (More on the Civil Guard soon).
The fact is that we are up and headed towards the position 966 which is occupied by the Marines. And I say, what these people have learned basketball on a boat?. Upon arrival we received the Captain of the base and we are grateful for the visit. All very formal but it was a guy we "mu mu majic simple." This type of positions are of smaller size and do not have all the "amenities" that has Miguel De Cervantes. Still, all occupants of that position and others in which the circumstances are even harder, was offered the baton to mid-term to make it more bearable. All declined. Not only did not complain at any time but decided to stay because they said that was his home and that if others would have to come and be screwed. Are such people.
get to the stadium and see that there is already heating staff on what should be a basketball court but there is only one basket and attached to a control tower. Very well because after shaking hands with a threat I have given order to the brigade is up in the tower to shoot the twin if I spend putting caps. I have just arrived and still do not know these people I care about the dead silence which preceded the comment. After about 0.2 seconds of silence that seemed like 2 hours to pee started laughing and I could start playing.
The game was fun because none was the best player I've defended but all had the necessary knowledge to have a good time. Of course Peter in a team and I in another and a gentleman decided not to defend one another (mostly because I was sure it showed. This is not what I said). Spend that time with them was an incredible experience. They are stuck there one and a half and I still have two and a half months. It's the same for all the whole mission. They had a great time because I managed to leave daily routine and every day there are equal. In fact joke making comparisons with the movie Groundhog Day.
whenever I've met good people, and I have luck because there has been much, I offered to do anything necessary. I can never do too much because the only thing I could work was giving away T-shirts and giving match tickets. I have also worked with foundations and NGOs in different projects. This trip is when I really feel I'm making a difference. Now that I have left professional basketball I can use those skills acquired in a field and spend more time helping others. It's a huge personal satisfaction that adult people I thank the attention and the troops are in a situation where anything you happy is an achievement. There are times when a good time does not hurt. We all know that that there is nothing better than a "clown" ...
... and there I was.
0 comments:
Post a Comment