travel plan became clear to us upon arrival. We would spend the morning playing with the English contingent visiting them in the most important positions for the sole purpose of making them a good time. The afternoons we had reserved a pavilion Marjaayoun with children from nearby villages. The first three days with the kids "corridor Christian" and last week we would play with the children of KafarKela. The latter in particular had the added difficulty that the population was predominantly Shi'ite party Hezbollah and to make matters worse was literally attached to the Blue Line. The last straw was that they did not come to the pavilion after us who we move into its territory.
The first day with the kids was an experience that I will be honest if I did not find anything that had not already done in English territory. It is true that I noticed a big difference between Christian children and Muslims. The first days with the Christians was all much easier. Curiously, the basketball is not a popular sport in the land giving the popularity, hang males, PING PONG. As Peter and I knew Tennis precious little we stick to our own and once divided the children into age groups organized a very light workout and according to their knowledge. Recall that it was to pass it well.
Our last experience with children was perhaps the most significant. The fact that a group of "infidels", two of them dressed in bright colors and in shorts, you walk around in the village and also invaded the courtyard of a school was not something that happens very often in a town where Cow carnage comes alive at the entrance to the store and spot the slaughters to view. When you enter a normal school playground is expected colors live, children running around, baskets, goals, etc ... you can imagine we Sesame Street. However, upon entering it and away to remember something as warm as the Gallina Caponata, a picture of Prison Break arrampló with Count Dracula, Bert and Ernie and all their friends. The school yard was packed with children wearing blue jeans and was chaired by two gleaming baskets made for the occasion quite sure that estrenábamos us. That is it was not anything special. Seeing all this I was glad to not have seen the cow show because if I was not one that comes out of legs.
voltage is breathed everywhere. The kids right away to see us smile and laugh at us with a defiant challenge us without pushing too abruptly. Peter and I are doing our best show of smiles that are gradually diluted by failing to pass a shred of enthusiasm. The smile becomes a little forced. One of them grabbed my arm and tells me to show you the biceps. Ja, child, "but you do not know that I go to the gym and call me Hulk? I demonstrate thinking, "this kid is going to shit" and the guy that feeds on press looks at me and I'm pretty sure I called Noob in a dialect of Arabic. Of course, as dictated by the rule of nature in terms of the alpha male made his demonstration. When caught her arm at the biceps and freak out about how hard it is that the very nice sticks his arm to the side leaving my hand between the two and with a quick and controlled movement twists my wrist just enough to hurt me but without reaching rompérmela. I could only make two motions, one look at my wrist to see if it was broken and two, to poker face as if "a child of 10 years almost break my wrist" would not have happened.
Never in my life seen such aggressive trapped in bodies so small. It was impossible to perform any exercise without having to stop because a group of children who wanted the ball was being kicked, punched and kneed by the possession of the leather. At the end we had to shorten the session it was difficult to keep the attention of children. The girls, of course apart and sitting on the stairs in the shade, we did cheerleading but if not encouraging the practice of sport or combat. At the end we delivered a basketball ball sports council of the village and the school principal. They looked at us weird and gladly accepted. Seeing that none of the kids had played basketball before I get the feeling that they will break many ankles playing these new footballs and heavy oranges.
Truly entered what we thought was the lion's den and we stress our work. In the end, as though children do not remember, we get to see us as friends. The head of the school and the council seemed enthusiastic about the appearance and asked us again and again to be repeated on other occasions. The request seemed genuine and sincere with what I think our bit for peace as we have. What we had to take the eye with pain and a bruised wrist, but our part is set.
0 comments:
Post a Comment